By proceeding you confirm that you are a resident of Australia or New Zealand accessing this website from within Australia or New Zealand and you represent, warrant and agree that:
Charter Hall Retail REIT (ASX:CQR) is pleased to announce it has further expanded its relationship with Ampol Limited, growing its exposure to income from triple net (NNN) leases directly linked to CPI. CQR has entered into an agreement to acquire a 49% interest in a portfolio of 51 Long WALE convenience retail properties leased to Z Energy Limited. The remaining 51% interest will be retained by Z Energy. This new partnership represents an extension of CQR’s existing relationship with Ampol and follows Ampol’s acquisition of the Z Energy business in New Zealand.
CQR’s 49% interest has been acquired for AUD $120 million (NZ$132 million)1 on a 5.50% cap rate with annual NZ CPI rent escalations (2% floor, 5% cap), triple net leases (NNN) and a 15.3-year WALE. 78% of the portfolio’s 51 assets are located in metropolitan areas. The transaction is expected to settle at the end of October 2022.
Further, CQR is pleased to announce it has divested its 52% interest in the Coles Distribution Centre, Adelaide (CDC) at book value to a Charter Hall managed fund. The $95.3 million proceeds are net of asset level debt and will be used to fund the acquisition of the Z Energy portfolio. The transaction is expected to settle at the end of October 2022.
Charter Hall Retail CEO, Ben Ellis stated:
“We continue to actively curate the CQR portfolio to drive earnings growth for investors. CQR’s investment in the CDC has been highly successful. We’re now looking to take advantage of strength in the demand for industrial and logistics assets and to recycle these proceeds into an attractive NNN portfolio of Long WALE convenience assets with CPI exposure. Following the settlement of these transactions, 37% of major tenant rent reviews are CPI based and 33% NNN leases. These two transactions have both been secured off-market and are a result of Charter Hall’s strong tenant and investor partnerships.”
CQR’s prior earnings guide was for FY23 earnings per unit of no less than 28.6 cents per unit and distributions per unit of no less than 25.7 cents per unit.
In light of today’s transactions, barring unforeseen events, FY23 earnings per unit is expected to be no less than 28.7 cents per unit representing growth of no less than 1% over FY22 earnings per unit.
FY23 distributions per unit are expected to be no less than 25.8 cents per unit representing growth of 5.3% over FY22 distributions per unit.
1 NZ$269.3 million on 100% basis
Announcement Authorised by the Board
Click here to view PDF ASX Announcement