Closed for Investment
Charter Hall Direct Automotive Trust (DAT) right-arrow

Charter Hall Direct Automotive Trust (DAT) is closed to new investment.

Welcome to the Investor Centre

Here you will find the unit price, distribution history, taxation information and withdrawal or liquidity event announcements for the trust.


Unit Price

The unit price is calculated on a six-monthly basis after the conclusion of June and December quarters. 

Download current & historical unit price

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.



The trust's distributions were paid monthly in arrears approximately 15 days after month end (except for June and December distributions which were payable approximately 20 days after month end).

A transaction statement was sent to investors six-monthly. 

View distributions paid from inception

Registry Login

Existing investors can access information on their holding through InvestorServe, a secure online facility hosted by the registry, Boardroom.  Investors can view details of their holding, update personal information or communication preferences and download historical statements or correspondence.

If you are having trouble accessing InvestorServe or you aren’t registered yet, call the registry on 1300 137 895.

Registry Login


The trust's year end for taxation purposes is 30 June, at which time the net income and the components of the distribution are determined. The total annual distribution is advised in the Annual Tax Statement, which is mailed to investors in August. 

To access your Annual Tax Statement, login to InvestorServe or contact registry.

Witholding tax to be applied to international investors

DAT is a managed investment trust for the purpose of subdivision 12-H of the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth). These components are provided solely for the purposes of subdivision 12-H and should not be used for any other purpose. This information has been provided to assist custodians and nominee companies determine the appropriate level of withholding tax to be applied to foreign investors.

Distribution history for the purposes of subdivision 12-H:

View current

View historic

Taxation Guide

A taxation guide has been produced to assist investors in completing their income tax return. The guide provides general information only and should not be relied on, and does not constitute taxation advice. 

View taxation guide

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the term of the fund?

The fund had an initial six-year investment term. 

The fund assets have been sold and the fund has been wound up.

What is an APIR® code?

A unique identifier issued by APIR® to participants and products within the financial services industry. The fund's APIR® code is MAQ0851AU.

Who do I speak to about my investment in the fund?

You may speak to your financial adviser, other professional adviser, our registry Boardroom and/or Charter Hall.

Alternatively you can log on to Charter Hall InvestorServe or contact our registry on 1300 137 895 for account or administrative issues including:

  • Account balances
  • Taxation, Distribution, transaction and other statements
  • Processing of your application
  • Changing your address, bank account details or name
  • Recording your tax file number  
  • Checking your holding balance and unit price
  • Other administrative matters

 You can also call the unit registry for assistance with logging into InvestorServe on 1300 137 895.

What is the value of my investment?

The value of your investment can be calculated by multiplying the number of units you hold by the fund’s current unit price. You can find the number of units you hold on your distribution or transaction statement and the latest unit price can be found on the investor centre page for the relevant fund.

Alternatively, you can log on to Charter Hall InvestorServe or contact our registry. Please ensure you have your investor number when requesting this information.

When will I receive my annual taxation statement?

Annual taxation statements are mailed to investors in July/August for each separate investment held. The annual taxation statement shows the taxation components of the distribution payments made throughout the year. Investors should wait to receive this statement before lodging their tax return. Please contact your tax adviser should you have any questions on the information contained within the taxation statement.

How do I update my personal details?

To notify a change of your details, please log on to Charter Hall InvestorServe. Alternatively, please advise our registry in writing using the relevant form based on your circumstances. Registry forms are available for download on the Documents & Forms page.

Please note the important requirements you should attach to your completed change of details form, as appropriate:

Change of name by marriage:

  • original certified copy of the marriage certificate
  • letter of request with current and new signature

Change of name by divorce: 

  • original certified copy of your marriage, birth certificate or any other legally recognised document to confirm your maiden name
  • letter of request with current and new signature 

Change of name by deed poll: 

  • original certified copy of the deed poll confirming your signature
  • letter of request with current and new signature

Change of company name: 

  • original certified copy of the certificate of incorporation reflecting the change in the name of the company 
  • letter of request signed by the relevant parties
  • new signature or Power Of Attorney list

Forms are to be returned to:

Boardroom Pty Limited 

GPO Box 3993

Sydney NSW 2001

Phone: 1300 137 895

Can I transfer my holding to another entity or person?

Yes, a transfer takes place when you decide to sell all or part of your investment to another person or entity. 

A transfer is a change of ownership of units within the same fund. A separate standard transfer form is required to transfer your holding for each registered holding.  

Please seek financial advice. 

The standard transfer form can be found on our Documents & Forms page. 

Please note that when a transfer takes place, our registry treats this as a new holding, even if it is a simple name change with the same trustees or company directors. Therefore all banking details, tax file numbers, Australian business numbers (ABNs) and adviser details will need to be provided on the new transfer form.

How do I notify Charter Hall of my tax file number (TFN)?

If you do not provide your tax file number on your original application form, you can provide it at any time in the future. Please note it is not compulsory to quote your TFN, however withholding tax will be taken from any payments from Investors who elect not to provide their TFN. These investors will then be required to claim the withholding tax through their annual tax return. The tax file number form can be found on the Documents & Forms page.

What is a certified document and who can certify a document?

If you are required to submit a certified copy of any original document, an authorised person needs to certify that the copy is a true copy of the original. A document can be certified by one of the following persons:

  • a person who is currently licensed or registered under a law to practise in one of the following occupations:
    • medical practitioner; 
    • nurse;
    • dentist;
    • physiotherapist;
    • chiropractor;
    • pharmacist;
    • optometrist; or
    • veterinary surgeon;
  • a person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court of a state or territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner; or
  • a person on the following list:
    • an Australian Postal Corporation permanent employee or agent (who is currently employed and has two or more years of continuous service or is in charge of supplying postal services to the public);
    • an officer with, or an authorised representative of, a holder of an AFSL, with two or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees;
    • a teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary education institution;
    • a minister of religion (under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961 (Cth));
    • a marriage celebrant (registered under Subdivision C of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961 (Cth));
    • a bank, building society, finance company or credit union officer, with two or more continuous years of service;
    • a Justice of the Peace;
    • a police officer or sheriff; 
    • a notary public;
    • a member of Governance Institute of Australia;
    • a member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, CPA Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants;
    • a member of the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or fellow of The National Tax and Accountants’ Association;
    • a member of Engineers Australia (other than the grade of student);
    • a member of The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy;
    • a member of the Australian Defence Force (who is an officer or non-commissioned officer within the meaning of the Defence Force Discipline Act 1982 (Cth), with two or more years of continuous service or a Warrant Officer within the meaning of the Act);
    • a member of the Commonwealth parliament, a state parliament, a territory legislature or a local government authority (state or territory);
    • a permanent employee of the Commonwealth (or Commonwealth authority) or a state or territory (or a state or territory authority) or a local government authority, with two or more years of continuous service;
    • a person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the law of the state or territory in which the declaration is made;
    • an Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955 (Cth));
    • a court officer, registrar or deputy registrar of a court; or
    • a judge, clerk, magistrate, master of a court or chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court.

What must the certifier do? 

The certifier must confirm the copy is certified as a true copy of the original documentation and clearly state their name, category and date of certification. An example of appropriate certification wording is:

“I certify this (and the following pages each of which I have signed/initialled) to be a true copy of the document shown and reported to me as the original.”

Please note certification is only accepted if within two years of the date of certification.

What is the fee paid to my adviser?

If you have appointed an adviser on the application form or by using the adviser appointment form, your investment may be subject to an adviser professional fee for service as mutually agreed and instructed to us on the form. The fee can be a percentage of the application amount or a dollar value. If no adviser is appointed there will be no fee deducted. Please contact your adviser for more details or our registry on 1300 137 895.

What are the tax consequences of withdrawing money from the fund?

Individual taxation outcomes as a result of a withdrawal will depend on a number of factors including, but not limited to, exit price, length of investment, and the structure of the investing entity.

Charter Hall is unable to provide taxation advice. We recommend that investors seek taxation advice regarding any withdrawal proceeds.

Does the Responsible Entity comply with the new dispute resolution requirements?

Charter Hall Direct Property Management Limited (Issuer) confirms it has a legally compliant dispute resolution system that is, and will continue to be, available to retail clients who invest in the Issuer’s products via Investor Directed Portfolio Service (IDPS) or IDPS-like platforms, as if the investor was a direct investor. We confirm this includes a compliant internal dispute resolution procedure and membership of one or more dispute resolution schemes.


Charter Hall
For enquiries regarding the management of a fund, including performance, strategic direction, property portfolio and new investment opportunities.
Fund Administration
Boardroom Pty Ltd

For enquiries regarding your personal holding in a fund. This includes account balances, unit price and distribution enquiries, requesting a statement, changing contact details and assistance with investor online facilities. Please have your investor number (as shown on your distribution statements) ready to quote.

GPO Box 3993, Sydney, NSW, 2001

Important Information

This material has been prepared by Charter Hall Direct Property Management Limited (ABN 56 073 623 784; AFSL 226849) (CHDPML) for information purposes only. This information has not taken into account any of your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before taking any action with respect to the above information, you should obtain your own advice.