Charter Hall wholesale partnership in co ownership investment with Abacus to acquire $630m Sydney CBD office towerright-arrow
read-time2 mins
by Charter Hall Announcements

To access this part of the website, please select your country of residence from the following list.

The country of my primary residence is:

Due to legal restrictions, access to this website is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand from within Australia or New Zealand. In order to access this website, you must provide the State, Territory or Province and postcode for your primary residential address within Australia or New Zealand.

The State or Territory of my primary residence in Australia or the Province of my primary residence in New Zealand is:

Due to legal restrictions, access to this website is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand from within Australia or New Zealand. In order to access this website, you must provide the State, Territory or Province and postcode for your primary residential address within Australia or New Zealand.

The State or Territory of my primary residence in Australia or the Province of my primary residence in New Zealand is:

By proceeding you confirm that you are a resident of Australia or New Zealand accessing this website from within Australia or New Zealand and you represent, warrant and agree that:

  • you are not in the United States or a “U.S. person”, as defined in Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (“U.S. Person”), nor are you acting for the account or benefit of a U.S. Person;
  • you will not make a copy of the documents on this website available to, or distribute a copy of such documents to, or for the account or benefit of, any U.S. Person or any person in any other place in which, or to any other person to whom, it would be unlawful to do so; and
  • the state, territory or province and postcode provided by you below for your primary residence in Australia or New Zealand are true and accurate.

I agree to the above terms Yes or No.

Unfortunately, legal restrictions prevent us from allowing you access to this website. If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail by clicking on the link below.

Contact Us

Charter Hall Group (ASX:CHC) (Charter Hall or the Group) today confirmed that it has established a new partnership comprising two of its wholesale partnerships to acquire 68% of the freehold, tenants in common interest in 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney. Charter Hall has partnered with Abacus (ASX:ABP) who will buy the remaining 32% tenants in common interest.

The expected total purchase price is $630,000,000 and the transaction will occur in two tranches, with 75% of the total purchase price payable by mid-November 2019 and the remaining 25% subject to a put and call option expiring at the end of October 2020. The vendor is a 50/50 joint venture between Dexus (ASX: DXS) and Perron Group.

The property comprises a prominent A-Grade commercial building with 34 levels of office accommodation over 36,983 sqm of net lettable area (NLA), above a lower ground food court (12 retail tenancy areas over 1,428 sqm of NLA) and two levels of basement parking for 169 cars.

The property is positioned on a large CBD north eastern corner site of 3,901sqm with three street frontages to Elizabeth Street, Park Street and Castlereagh Streets, providing excellent exposure to pedestrian and vehicular traffic. The new Pitt Street metro station, anticipated to open in 2024, will be located diagonally opposite the property further improving public transport access. The property is 99.9% occupied and benefits from average rent reviews of 3.99% per annum and a 4.5 star NABERS Energy rating.

Charter Hall Group Managing Director and CEO, David Harrison commented: “This off market transaction reflects the deep relationships we have across our platform with our investor customers, with capacity to fund major transactions in the Australian market whilst continuing our partnership relationship with Abacus.

“The Charter Hall partnerships comprise the existing DVP partnership with a new partnership formed with one of Canada’s largest pension fund owned property groups Quadreal.”

View media release