To access this part of the website, please select your country of residence from the following list.
The country of my primary residence is:
Due to legal restrictions, access to this website is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand from within Australia or New Zealand. In order to access this website, you must provide the State, Territory or Province and postcode for your primary residential address within Australia or New Zealand.
The State or Territory of my primary residence in Australia or the Province of my primary residence in New Zealand is:
The postcode for my primary residence in Australia or New Zealand is:
Unfortunately, legal restrictions prevent us from allowing you access to this website. If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail by clicking on the link below.
By proceeding you confirm that you are a resident of Australia or New Zealand accessing this website from within Australia or New Zealand and you represent, warrant and agree that:
- you are not in the United States or a “U.S. person”, as defined in Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (“U.S. Person”), nor are you acting for the account or benefit of a U.S. Person;
- you will not make a copy of the documents on this website available to, or distribute a copy of such documents to, or for the account or benefit of, any U.S. Person or any person in any other place in which, or to any other person to whom, it would be unlawful to do so; and
- the state, territory or province and postcode provided by you below for your primary residence in Australia or New Zealand are true and accurate.
Unfortunately the content you are trying to access is unable to be shown. Please read and accept the terms and conditions in order to view content.
Charter Hall Long WALE REIT Acquisition and Equity Raising
Charter Hall WALE Limited (Responsible Entity), as responsible entity of Charter Hall Long WALE REIT (ASX:CLW) (CLW or the REIT) today announces that:
- it has entered into an agreement to acquire a 100% interest in a portfolio of 27 agri-logistics properties, for a total consideration of $207 million (Acquisition);
- it will undertake a fully underwritten accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer to raise approximately $125 million (Entitlement Offer) to partially fund the Acquisition and associated transaction costs; and
- including the impact of the Acquisition and Entitlement Offer and barring any unforeseen events and no material change in market conditions, CLW is pleased to increase its FY19 Operating EPS guidance range to 26.8 – 26.9 cents per security, representing an increase of 1.3% on its previously stated guidance range.
The Acquisition is a 100% interest in a portfolio of 27 agri-logistics properties, including hatcheries, feedmills and breeder farms. The total consideration of $207 million reflects a 7.35% weighted average capitalisation rate. Key highlights of the Acquisition include:
- 100% leased to a subsidiary of Inghams Group Ltd., a S&P/ASX 200 company and the largest poultry producer in Australia with revenue of over $2 billion in FY18;
- strategic assets to Inghams' Australian business, representing the majority of its long-term supply chain infrastructure for raw materials;
- large land holdings giving Inghams the flexibility to expand production capacity on existing sites to meet the growing demand for poultry products in Australia;
- triple net lease structure with a remaining term of 15.8 years; and
- geographically diversified across all Australian states, with 62% of properties by value located on the Eastern Seaboard.
|Number of properties||85||27||112|
|Property valuation (A$m)||$1,656m||$207m||$1,863m|
|Weighted Average Capitalisation Rate||6.04%||7.35%||6.19%|
|Weighted Average Lease Expiry||11.5 years||15.8 years||12.0 years|
|Weighted Average Rent Review||2.88%||2.50%3||2.84%|
The REIT will undertake a fully underwritten accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer to raise approximately $125 million to fund the Acquisition and associated transaction costs. The Entitlement Offer is fully underwritten by UBS AG, Australia Branch.
Eligible securityholders will be offered 1 new security in the REIT for 8.1 existing securities at a fixed issue price of $4.05 per security (Issue Price), which represents a:
- 4.5% discount to the last close price of $4.24 on 4 December 2018
- 4.0% discount to the theoretical ex-rights price of $4.22
- 6.6% FY19 forecast Operating EPS yield
Securities issued under the Entitlement Offer will rank equally with existing CLW securities and will be entitled to the distribution for the three months to 31 December 2018 of 6.5 cents per security.
Eligible retail securityholders who take up their entitlement in full may also apply for additional new securities in excess of their entitlement (to the extent other eligible retail securityholders do not take up their full Entitlement) up to 50% of their full entitlement.4
Intentions of major securityholder
Charter Hall Group is the REIT's largest securityholder with approximately 19% of securities on issue and has committed to take up its full entitlements under the Entitlement Offer, representing a commitment of approximately $24 million.
Financial impact of the Acquisition and Entitlement Offer
Including the impact of the Entitlement Offer and barring any unforeseen events and no material change in market conditions, CLW is pleased to increase its FY19 Operating EPS guidance range to 26.8 – 26.9 cents per security, representing an increase of 1.3% on its previously stated guidance range5.
Following the Acquisition and the Entitlement Offer, the REIT's pro-forma6:
- balance sheet gearing is forecast to be 31.9%, within CLW's target range of 25 – 35%; and
- look through gearing is forecast to be 37.9%.
|Trading halt and announcement of the Acquisition and Entitlement Offer||Wednesday, 5 December|
|Institutional Entitlement Offer conducted||Wednesday, 5 December|
|Trading of securities recommences on the ASX on an 'ex- entitlement' basis||Thursday, 6 December|
|Entitlement Offer Record Date||7:00pm, Friday, 7 December|
|Retail Entitlement Offer Booklet despatched and Retail Entitlement Offer opens||9:00am,Tuesday, 11 December|
|Early Retail Acceptance Due Date||5:00pm, Monday, 17 December|
|Settlement of securities issued under the Institutional Entitlement Offer (and Retail Entitlement Offer
for applications received by the Early Retail Acceptance Due Date)
|Tuesday, 18 December|
|Allotment and normal trading of securities issued under the Institutional Entitlement Offer
(and Retail Entitlement Offer for applications received by the Early Retail Acceptance Due Date)
|Wednesday, 19 December|
|Retail Entitlement Offer closes||5:00pm, Thursday, 20 December|
|Allotment of remaining securities issued under the Retail Entitlement Offer||Friday, 28 December|
|Normal trading of remaining securities issued under the Retail Entitlement Offer||Monday, 31 December|
All dates and times are indicative only and subject to change. Unless otherwise specified, all times and dates refer to AEDT.
Additional information about the Acquisition and Entitlement Offer including certain key risks are contained in the investor presentation released to the ASX today.
1 Metrics are as June 2018, pro forma adjusted for transactions completed post balance date.
2 Per pro forma metrics reported in Appendix A of the equity raising investor presentation released to the market on 17 October 2018, adjusted for December property revaluations of $30.6 million
3 Annual rent reviews are the lesser of 2x CPI and 2.5%.
4 In the event of oversubscriptions, the allocation of additional new securities will be subject to scale back on a pro-rata basis. There is no guarantee that you will be allocated any additional new securities.
5 Percentage increase calculated on the mid-point of the guidance range compared to the mid-point of the previous guidance range of 26.4–26.6 cents per security.
6 As at 30 June 2018, adjusted for various transactions outlined in Appendix A of the equity raising presentation released to the market on 5 December 2018.
For further information:
For media enquiries:
|For investor enquiries:
Head of Listed Investor Relations
T: +61 2 8651 9214
For media enquiries: