• Who do I speak to about my investment in the fund?

    You may speak to your financial adviser, other professional adviser, our registry Boardroom and/or Charter Hall.

    Alternatively you can log on to Charter Hall InvestorServe or contact our registry on 1300 137 895 for all account or administrative issues including:

    • account balances
    • statement re-prints
    • processing of your application form
    • changing your address, bank account details or name
    • recording your tax file number  
    • checking your holding balance and unit price
    • assistance with other administrative matters

  • What is the value of my investment?

    The balance of your investment can be calculated by multiplying the number of units held by the fund’s current unit price. The number of units you hold is stated on the latest distribution statement sent to you. You can download the latest pricing from our Unit Price > page.

    Alternatively, you can log on to Charter Hall InvestorServe > or contact our registry. Please ensure you have your investor number when requesting this information.

  • When are distributions paid?

    DOF pays quarterly distributions following the end of each quarter. Distributions are generally paid on or around the 20th of April, July, October and January. For further information go to our fund Distributions > page.

  • When will I receive my annual taxation statement?

    Annual taxation statements are mailed to investors in August. The annual taxation statement shows the taxation components of the distribution payments made throughout the year. Investors should wait to receive this statement before lodging their tax return. Please contact your tax adviser should you have any questions on the information contained within the taxation statement.

  • How do I update my personal details?

    To notify a change of your details, please log on to Charter Hall InvestorServe > Alternatively, please advise our registry in writing using the relevant form based on your circumstances. Forms can be found on our Downloads & Forms > page.

    Please note the important requirements you should attach to your completed change of details form, as appropriate:

    Change of name by marriage:

    • original certified copy of the marriage certificate
    • letter of request with current and new signature

    Change of name by divorce: 

    • original certified copy of your marriage, birth certificate or any other legally recognised document to confirm your maiden name
    • letter of request with current and new signature 

    Change of name by deed poll: 

    • original certified copy of the deed poll confirming your signature
    • letter of request with current and new signature

    Change of company name: 

    • original certified copy of the certificate of incorporation reflecting the change in the name of the company 
    • letter of request signed by the relevant parties
    • new signature or Power Of Attorney list

    Forms are to be returned to:

    Boardroom Pty Limited 
    GPO Box 3993
    Sydney NSW 2001
    Phone: 1300 137 895

  • Can I transfer my holding to another entity or person?

    Yes, a transfer takes place when you decide to sell all or part of your investment to another person or entity. A transfer is a change of ownership of units within the same fund. A separate standard transfer form is required to transfer your holding for each registered holding.  Please seek financial advice. The standard transfer form can be found on our  Downloads & Forms > page. 

    Please note that when a transfer takes place, our registry treats this as a new holding, even if it is a simple name change with the same trustees or company directors. Therefore all banking details, tax file numbers, Australian business numbers (ABNs) and adviser details will need to be provided on the new transfer form.

  • How do I withdraw my units in the fund?

    Withdrawal Offers

    As per the fund's product disclosure statement, Withdrawal Offers are intended to be made every six months from December 2015. 

    For information on current Withdrawal Offers go to the Liquidity page > . 

    In addition, units in DOF are transferable and therefore investors may elect to sell their units privately. We cannot assist investors to find a buyer for their units. However if an investor does find a willing buyer and negotiates the sale of their units, a standard transfer form (located on our  Downloads & Forms > page) will need to be completed by each party and sent to our registry for processing.

    DOF is not open to daily withdrawals. DOF is an illiquid investment and investors should expect to redeem their investment in the fund only when it is wound up or through a withdrawal offer or liquidity event. 

    Should you have any further queries in relation to the Direct Office Fund Liquidity Offer, please contact the Charter Hall Direct Investor Relations team on 1300 652 790.

    Future Liquidity

    In December 2019, and every five years after, there will be a full liquidity event where we will seek to provide liquidity for all investors wishing to redeem their investment.

  • How do I administer a deceased estate?

    You are required to provide written notification to note the death of an investor on our register. You will need to provide the following:

    Individual account (Australian unitholding)

    • Certified copy of death certificate

    Joint account or joint executors of a super fund (Australian unitholding):

    • Certified copy of death certificate
    • Request to register surviving holder form

    Once we receive these we will update our register to state "Estate of the Late...". Following this, the units can be transferred into the beneficiary's name(s). Depending on your circumstances, the following documentation is required:

    Individual account (Australian unitholding) with probate:

    • Certified copy of Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
    • s1071B form (if applicable - this is only relevant if a probate is obtained outside the state where the units are registered. This is to ensure that probate has not been applied for in more than one state or territory. Units are registered in Victoria for all of our Trusts.)
    • Transfer form
    • Valid application form

    Individual account (Australian unitholding) without probate:

    • Certified copy of will
    • Certified copy of death certificate (if not already provided)
    • Statutory declaration in accordance with s1071B(9)(b)(iii) and (c) of the Corporations Act 2001 signed by the authorised party.
    • Transfer form
    • Valid application form

    Individual account (Australian unitholding) without probate or will (holding valued at greater than $15,000):

    • Certified copy of death certificate (if not already provided)
    • Statutory Declaration in accordance with s1071B(9)(b)(iii) and (c) of the Corporations Act 2001 signed by the authorised party
    • Small estate indemnity
    • Transfer form
    • Valid application form

    If the value of the holding is less than $15,000, you will need to obtain a grant of probate.

    Joint account or joint executors of a super fund (Australian unitholding):

    • Request to register surviving holder form
    • Certified copy of death certificate (or probate) (if not already provided)
    • Confirmation of tax file number (TFN)
    • Written request from the surviving unitholder to transfer
    • New application form

    Sole Director of a Company:

    • ASIC search confirming the appointment of the new director
    • Certified copy of the notification to ASIC (form 484), signed by the new director

    Contact our registry on 1300 137 895 for further information on administering a deceased estate or for information on overseas unitholder or company matters.

    Please note that currently it is not possible to redeem deceased estate’s holdings except under the rules governing the six monthly withdrawal offers. If you wish to take part in the six monthly withdrawal offers then the requirements are the same to transfer the units except instead of a transfer form and application form, a withdrawal offer form (only available during the withdrawal offer periods – please see Liquidity > page) is required to be signed by the executor or public trustee where there is probate. Without probate, a withdrawal offer form sent by the authorised party is required with a statutory declaration stating that probate has not been requested in any other state and no one is contesting the will.

  • How do I notify Charter Hall of my tax file number (TFN)?

    If you do not provide your tax file number on your original application form, you can provide it at any time in the future. Please note it is not compulsory to quote your TFN, however withholding tax will be taken from any payments from Investors who elect not to provide their TFN. These investors will then be required to claim the withholding tax through their annual tax return. The tax file number form can be found on our Downloads & Forms > page.

  • What is an APIR® code?

    A unique identifier issued by APIR® to participants and products within the financial services industry. DOF's APIR® code is MAQ0842AU (Wholesale A units), MAQ0433AU (Retail units), MAQ0650AU (Ordinary units) and MAQ0448AU (Wholesale units).

  • Can I reclassify my retail, wholesale or ordinary units to wholesale A units?

    Yes. Holders of retail, wholesale and ordinary units may elect to have their holding reclassified as Wholesale A units. Conditions apply. Please consult your adviser, then contact us on 1300 652 790 or email directproperty@charterhall.com.au for further information.

  • What is the term of the fund?

    In December 2019, and every five years after, there will be a full liquidity event where we will seek to provide liquidity for all investors wishing to redeem their investment. Upon the date of the liquidity event, the fund will communicate formally with investors on the total amount available to be redeemed, the liquidity strategy proposed to fund the withdrawal, and the price investors would receive if they redeemed their units.

  • What is a certified document and who can certify a document?

    Copies of documents provided in support of an application, or other purposes stated, must be certified as true copies of the original documents.

    Certified copies are true copies of original documents with an original certification from the certifier. A certified copy is a document that has been certified as a true copy of the original document by one of the following persons:

    • an officer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an AFSL, having two or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees;
    • an officer with two or more continuous years of service with one or more financial institutions (for the purposes of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (Cth)); 
    • a finance company officer with two or more continuous years of service with one or more finance companies (for the purposes of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (Cth));
    • a Justice of the Peace;
    • a notary public (for the purposes of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 (Cth));‹‹ 
    • an agent of Australian Postal Corporation who is in charge of an office supplying postal services to the public;
    • a permanent employee of Australian Postal Corporation with two or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public;
    • a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia or the Institute of Public Accountants with two or more years of continuous membership;
    • a person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court of a state or territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner (however described);
    • a judge of a court;
    • a magistrate;
    • a chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court;
    • a registrar or deputy registrar of a court; 
    • a police officer; or
    • an Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955 (Cth)).

    Certified copies can only be accepted in hard copy by mail (not by fax, email, etc).

    The certifier must confirm the copy is certified as a true copy of the original documentation and clearly state their name and category. An example of appropriate certification wording is:

    “I certify this (and the following pages each of which I have signed/initialled) to be a true copy of the document shown and reported to me as the original.”

  • What is the fee paid to my adviser?

    If you have appointed an adviser on the application form or by using the adviser appointment form, your investment may be subject to an adviser professional fee for service as mutually agreed and instructed to us on the form. The fee can be a percentage of the application amount or a dollar value. If no adviser is appointed there will be no fee deducted. Please contact your adviser for more details or our registry on 1300 137 895.

  • What is a Withdrawal Offer and when are they announced?

    A Withdrawal Offer is a way for us to assist investors who wish to access their capital by offering an opportunity to redeem their investment. As per DOF's PDS, it is intended Withdrawal Offers will commence in December 2015 and be made every six months thereafter, subject to the fund having available liquid assets. 

  • How will I know if my Withdrawal Offer form has been received?

    To check correspondance has been received please go online to InvestorServe www.investorserve.com.au at any time. Alternatively, you can call our registry on 1300 137 895 to request confirmation of receipt. Please ensure you provide your investor number when making any enquiries about your investment. 

  • What happens if I am late in posting my Withdrawal Offer form?

    Any forms received after the Withdrawal Offer has closed will not be counted or valid and will not receive a redemption.

  • How much will I receive from the Withdrawal Offer?

    The amount you receive from the Withdrawal Offer will depend on the total value of all requests received. As a result, the amount you receive may be less than the amount you have requested. If the total value of requests from investors exceeds the amount available, you will receive a percentage of your requested amount.

  • What are the tax consequences of withdrawing money from the fund?

    You should seek taxation advice regarding any withdrawal proceeds.

  • Can I withdraw my investment in the fund if I am suffering hardship?

    The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) may grant operators of property funds the ability to provide an early withdrawal mechanism for investors where there is hardship, in preference to all other investors. DOF has received relief from ASIC to pay redemption requests received by unitholders who are suffering financial hardship. If you qualify for financial hardship, you may be able to access some or all of your investment.

    To receive a redemption based on financial hardship, you must meet the conditions of release and there must be sufficient liquid assets available in the fund. Hardship relief can only be permitted based on ASIC guidelines and cover the following circumstances:

    • Severe financial hardship
    • Unemployment
    • Compassionate grounds
    • Permanent incapacity

    Accompanying documentation is required to be submitted with a hardship request to support your claim. Further information is available on the financial hardship form which can be found on our Downloads & Forms > page.

  • How much can I withdraw through the hardship policy?

    The minimum withdrawal amount is $10,000 (subject to change and management's discretion). If a withdrawal request is received which would result in you holding less than the minimum withdrawal amount and your hardship redemption meets the ASIC criteria, your entire investment may be redeemed.

    The maximum withdrawal amount investors can apply for through a hardship request is the lesser of:

    • the amount required as a result of the hardship and meeting the ASIC criteria; and
    • $100,000 p.a.

  • How do I apply for hardship redemption?

    Different application processes apply dependent on the investor type.

    Indirect investors:

    Where a person has invested indirectly through an entity such as a superannuation fund, master trust or wrap account (also referred to as an Investor Directed Portfolio Service or ‘IDPS’), please refer to the documentation and processes pertaining to the IDPS.

    A hardship application must be made on behalf of the person who is seeking a withdrawal based on hardship. This is done by completing the appropriate withdrawal application form and attaching it to the hardship statutory declaration completed by the individual experiencing the hardship.

    The superannuation fund, master trust or wrap account investor must comply with any obligations under the terms of the relevant trust or arrangement under which it acts and all other applicable laws.

    Direct investors:

    For direct investors in the fund, please note that an investor must have exhausted all other avenues to access sufficient funds including applying for financial hardship through the investor's superannuation fund and applying to Centrelink for assistance. This information is to be attached to a hardship withdrawal application form and mailed to the fund's registry.

    An investor suffering from hardship must:

    1. Complete a statutory declaration setting out the grounds for making the application. This form be found on our Downloads & Forms > page.
    2. Provide the required evidentiary proof to confirm the declaration.
    3. Complete a withdrawal form for the fund.
    4. Send the relevant forms and supporting documents to:
      Charter Hall Direct Property Management Limited
      GPO Box 2704
      Sydney NSW 2001

  • How are hardship redemptions processed and when will I be paid?

    Each hardship claim is assessed on an individual basis according to the ASIC hardship criteria and supporting documentation. Whilst every effort will be made to process hardship claims on a quarterly basis, it may take longer to fully assess and process a successful hardship claim.

    If a hardship request meets the ASIC criteria and is approved, payment will be made as soon as practical and will usually be around 30 days after approval is granted.

  • Will I be able to request a hardship redemption at any time?

    It is intended that hardship redemptions will be available to investors whilst the fund has sufficient liquid assets required to operate the fund in the best interests of all investors. The hardship policy may be suspended, cancelled or modified at any time.

  • What unit price will my hardship redemption payment be based on?

    If a hardship redemption is approved, the withdrawal of units in the fund will be based on the sell price at the date of approval. See the Unit price > page for the latest available unit price.

  • If I apply for redemption under the hardship policy can I still apply under the withdrawal offer?

    Yes, you can apply for redemption under the hardship policy in addition to applying for redemption under a withdrawal offer. Please note a redemption request under the hardship policy is subject to additional criteria.

  • Does the Responsible Entity comply with the new dispute resolution requirements?

    Charter Hall Direct Property Management Limited (Issuer) confirms it has a legally compliant dispute resolution system that is, and will continue to be, available to retail clients who invest in the Issuer’s products via Investor Directed Portfolio Service (IDPS) or IDPS-like platforms, as if the investor was a direct investor. We confirm this includes a compliant internal dispute resolution procedure and membership of one or more dispute resolution schemes.

  • Can I participate in the distribution reinvestment plan?

    The option to reinvest your distributions is only available to Australian or New Zealand resident investors. The terms of any distribution reinvestment plan can be found on the distributions page of the website.


Registry (fund administration) - Boardroom

For enquiries regarding your personal holding in a fund, including account balance, distribution payment, statements, contact details and InvestorServe. Have your investor number (shown on your distribution statements) ready to quote.

Charter Hall (manager)

For enquiries regarding the management of a fund, including performance, strategic direction, property portfolio and new investment opportunities.