After 27 years, we remain as committed as ever to doing business the right way, to making sure our actions are commercially astute, and to making sure we make a positive difference to our people, our customers, and the environment in which we work and live.
- 1991: Charter Hall launched in Sydney by current executive, Cedric Fuchs together with David Southon (Joint Managing Director from 2004 - 2016 and Executive Director until February 2016) and Andre Biet (Managing Director from 1991 to 2004 and Executive Director until October 2007).
- 1994: Between 1991 and 1994 the initial focus is on commercial property advisory work.
- 1995: First syndicate launched. CHIF1 is the first in a series focusing on high quality single and multi-asset property syndicates.
- 1996: Australia’s first institutional opportunistic property fund launched with AMP Capital. First of a series of five opportunistic funds largely comprising Australian superannuation funds.
- 2004: Transfield Holdings acquires 50% of Charter Hall. David Harrison joins the company as Joint Managing Director alongside David Southon.
- 2005: Charter Hall lists on the ASX.
- 2006: Launches the Core Plus Office Fund, the first in a series of long-term, open- ended core investment vehicles.
- 2007: Launches the Core Plus Industrial Fund.
- 2009: The Gandel Group acquires a strategic 12% interest in Charter Hall invests significant capital in the unlisted Core Plus Office Fund.
- 2010: Charter Hall acquires the management rights to Macquarie Group’s real estate funds management platform, increasing its funds under management total to over $10 billion.
- 2011: Charter Hall celebrates its 20 year anniversary.
- 2012: Establishes the first Bunnings Partnership launching BP1.
- 2013: Charter Hall launches the $400 million Core Logistics Partnership.
- 2014: In partnership with Host Plus Charter Hall acquires 54 hospitality assets leased to ALH for $603m. David Clarke is appointed Chairman of the CHC board at the 2014 AGM.
- 2015: Charter Hall raises $225 million in equity, enabling the Group to fund identified equity investments alongside its capital partners and to provide capacity for future co-investments.
- 2016: David Harrison appointed Managing Director and Group CEO. Establishment of CH Retail Fund and fourth in series of Direct Industrial Funds. Charter Hall Long WALE REIT (ASX: CLW) lists on the ASX.
- 2017: First Australian property company to join ‘Pledge 1%’, an international philanthropic movement, maximising our social and economic impact through our people, places and partnership. Achieves Australia’s largest Green Star footprint with 178 Green Star Performance ratings across operating assets, and 18 Green Star Design and As Build ratings in our developments.
- 2018: Business grows to over 500 people and 768 properties. Establishes first Australasia PropTech Accelerator program. Acquires the rights to ASX-listed Folkestone Property Group, expanding our investable universe into the social infrastructure and early learning sector.
- $28.4b FUM
To find out more about the Charter Hall Group (ASX:CHC) and our investment products call:1300 365 585