After 27 years, we remain as committed as ever to doing business the right way, to making sure our actions are commercially astute, and to making sure we make a positive difference to our people, our customers, and the environment in which we work and live.
- 1991: Charter Hall launched in Sydney by current executive, Cedric Fuchs together with David Southon (Joint Managing Director from 2004 - 2016 and Executive Director until February 2016) and Andre Biet (Managing Director from 1991 to 2004 and Executive Director until October 2007).
- 1994: Between 1991 and 1994 the initial focus is on commercial property advisory work.
- 1995: First syndicate launched. CHIF1 is the first in a series focusing on high quality single and multi-asset property syndicates.
- 1996: Australia’s first institutional opportunistic property fund launched with AMP Capital. First of a series of five opportunistic funds largely comprising Australian superannuation funds.
- 2004: Transfield Holdings acquires 50% of Charter Hall. David Harrison joins the company as Joint Managing Director alongside David Southon.
- 2005: Charter Hall lists on the ASX.
- 2006: Launches the Core Plus Office Fund, the first in a series of long-term, open- ended core investment vehicles.
- 2007: Launches the Core Plus Industrial Fund.
- 2009: The Gandel Group acquires a strategic 12% interest in Charter Hall invests significant capital in the unlisted Core Plus Office Fund.
- 2010: Charter Hall acquires the management rights to Macquarie Group’s real estate funds management platform, increasing its funds under management total to over $10 billion.
- 2011: Charter Hall celebrates its 20 year anniversary.
- 2012: Establishes the first Bunnings Partnership launching BP1.
- 2013: Charter Hall launches the $400 million Core Logistics Partnership.
- 2014: In partnership with Host Plus Charter Hall acquires 54 hospitality assets leased to ALH for $603m. David Clarke is appointed Chairman of the CHC board at the 2014 AGM.
- 2015: Charter Hall raises $225 million in equity, enabling the Group to fund identified equity investments alongside its capital partners and to provide capacity for future co-investments.
- $23.2b FUM
To find out more about the Charter Hall Group (ASX:CHC) and our investment products call:1300 365 585